ANSWR (Aggregated Nonprofit Software Resources), a project of Aspiration and , aims to “provide a unified marketplace of knowledge, resources, and services, designed to meet the specific technology demands of nonprofit organizations” — a one-stop shop for learning about how nonprofits can use technology. They’re building a site that will combine “user-contributed content, democratic rating and peer-driven categorization.”
One of their first projects is aimed at answering the question, “What would nonprofit folks want to know about email?” Their initial list of questions includes:
- We want to send an email newsletter – how do we do that?
- My open rate is only 25% – what should I do?
- What’s the best tool to send an action alert?
- Where do we get the email addresses?
- Should I send plain text or HTML emails?
- How do I do fundraising emails from Outlook?
- How do I embed an animated in an email?
- Are there laws about emailing in Bulgaria?
- My emails look funky after I send them – why?
- I hear Constant Contact is bad – is that true?
- How do I create an action box with a button like in those emails?
- How do I get more people to open my emails?
- People aren’t receiving the emails we send – why?
- We’re in Nigeria – what of all this emailing stuff applies to us?
They’re still collecting questions through an online survey at http://tinyurl.com/6dsrzn but that is scheduled to end on 11/21. You can also leave comments about this project at http://answr.net/?p=18
So, what do you want to know about using email for mass marketing and fundraising?